Is this trek suitable for me?
The Valley of Flowers trek is suited for you if some of the characteristics below describe you:
- I am a beginner to trekking and would like an initial taste into the world of trekking, therefore would like to trek on a very popular circuit with a well marked path and where i do not wish to spend nights camping but in a hotel.
- I am relatively fit. Not necessarily utterly fit, but play a sport or do something recreational such as walking for 25-30 minutes regularly or jog for 15-20 minutes regularly.
- If not fit, I want to get in shape and therefore walk/ run on a regular basis in the days leading up to the trek and would like to stretch my boundaries a little on the trek.
- Love the views in the Himalayas, want to go deep into them and experience some very beautiful landscape.
- Don't mind travelling deep into the Himalayas by road. The drive can be a little winding and bumpy in mountains and i don't mind that.
- I have wanted a getaway in the Himalayas which isn't just a regular holiday.
- I would like a sense of achievement by going to a place by testing my stamina and endurance while on the trek.
- Have some time at hand.. Can manage 4-5 working days off for this.